Program Assistant (Daytona Beach)
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
We are a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to serving those in our community with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Here at The Arc Volusia, we believe in putting people first! This means we define our clients by their individual strengths and abilities, rather than their disability. We welcome those who are dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our clients and those who value both challenging and rewarding work to apply for our Program Assistant position.
WORK HOURS: Monday through Friday, between 7:30 am and 3:30 pm
HOURLY RATE: $9-$10
The Program Assistant is responsible for the supervision, instruction, and data collection of assigned clients. Program assistants provide direct care to clients and assist training clients in the areas of self-help, daily living, socialization, leisure, basic academic skills, human growth and development, and motor and communication skills.
- Supervise work and daily activities of assigned clients. Assist in training activities specified in implementation plans and activity schedule.
- Ensure clients are engaged in activities that are meaningful to him/her (Employment, therapeutic, etc.). Instruct clients in skill areas when appropriate.
- Implement client’s Individual Program Plan.
- Assist in evaluation and goal setting for clients.
- Maintain client file including production, attendance and other data as required. Input client data in computer program as required. Specifically, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Adhere to Bill of Rights for Developmentally Disabled.
- Assist Workshop Supervisor in production planning and time studies of contract work.
- Maintain quality control to ensure all work meets product and service specifications.
- Complete daily observation sheets, log entries and daily reports.
- Report client illness, unusual physical condition or behaviors to supervisor. Document as required.
- Lift and properly position consumers.
- Change, launder and maintain client clothing as necessary.
- Assist in serving snacks and meals and feeding clients.
- Provide direct care and supervision to clients. Monitor client activity and assure that all regulations relative to safety, fire, health, disaster and/or evacuation standards are observed.
- Attend scheduled training.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Experience in the Developmental Disabilities field preferred.
Must have High School Diploma or GED.
Must have valid Driver’s License.
Good communication skills and ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and other agencies and individuals to help develop and follow agency procedures and collaborative services.
Ability to work with persons with disabilities and diverse people of all ages, without regard to sex, race, religion or socioeconomic level.
Ability to work well within a team environment.
Ability to complete assigned tasks.
Ability to work on various tasks simultaneously.
Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude with coworkers, clients and other agencies and individuals involved in client development.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Ability in problem solving and decision making.
Ability to work productively, effectively and with adaptability when faced with stressful work situations and time pressures.
Good organizational skills.
The desire to assist people with disabilities. The desire to be proactive about education, training and self-development activities.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and Long/Short-term Disability
Rolling Paid Time Off (you don't have to use it or lose it!)
403b Retirement Plan with employer contribution
Voluntary AFLAC and Transamerica insurances
No weekends and no overnights! Just a Monday through Friday day job.
Organization is closed on approved Holidays, but employees are still paid!
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) It's The Arc of Volusia's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, The Arc Volusia prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.